The Attila József County Library Komárom-Esztergom county’s largest local and regional public library functions to serve everyone in the Hungarian and universal cultural values, as well as for public access to information.
It allows a lifelong learning and to spend leisure useful.
By taking the user’s demands into consideration, it organizes its services to seek a quality support..
To serve these goals:
· it improves, preserves, keeps its collections continuously and puts them for public use
· it gives information about the library’s and the public library system’s documents, services and provides the chores relating to the interlibrary loan,
· it builds data bases and ensures the electronic access
· it takes part in document and information exchange between Hungarian (or in some cases in international)
· it receives and processes all documents that arrive as deposits
· it collects, explores the local knowledge information, documents with special care and makes some parts of them to be accessed in electronic form
· it cares for the raising of the users under the age of 14 with special attention and the development of the habits of their library usage and information gathering
· it ensures the library provision of the citizens belonging to nationality, ethnic minorities of the county
· it provides the opportunity for the blind and visually impaired, physically challenged and underprivileged to be caught up culturally and to use the library
· it helps the users to acquire the digital writing and reading knowledge by courses
· it organizes cultural programs, lectures for the library visitors
· it organizes the cooperation and the special education of all libraries in the county
· it publishes special issues